Sunday, October 14, 2007

Life Inside the Music Box

I'm an advertiser's worst nightmare, since I'm definitely one of those multi-taskers who will surf the Net, watch TV, listen to music, read a book, AND play on my PSP all at the same time. It's a wonder that anything can grab my attention, or if I can remember anything I've been doing. Through all the noise, on occasion, some ads do catch my attention.

Take this JC Penney ad. The visuals are absolutely magical and whimsical. Day to day, we all forget what it's like to have a wild imagination. I believe that the success in the creative for this ad is that even as adults, we should be able to experience the fantastic in our every day lives.



In addition to the ad, I LOVE the music. There's a fanciful quality that I can't quite explain, but I adore about this song. Sadly for JCP, I won't be shopping there because of the song, but luckily for the singer, Regina Spektor, I like her voice enough to buy her CD. Take a listen, and let me know what you think. Sometimes, mass-produced albums can be so played out on the radio. Very refreshing to hear, this Ms. Spektor.



JC Penney
Regina Spektor

No comments: