Tuesday, October 30, 2007

for my amusement

After many nights of bleary-eyed exhaustion from watching the Sox WIN BIG at the World Series, I can finally enjoy my other past-times: music, movies, and books! I don't have anything new or exciting to announce, but wanted to share with you my recent purchases.

Wal-mart has a Blu-ray bundle deal right now to get 2 DVDs for only $25, which is pretty cheap! My brother bought me "Chicago," but there were two more that I wanted, so I ordered them yesterday.

I can barely remember what actually happened in either "Casanova" or "King Arthur," but I do recall liking them, so I don't mind forking out a little money to see them in all their full digital glory. At the end of the day, one is a comedic love story, the other an action-packed love story, so I must be in a sappy mood. Who doesn't love a love story, especially when the people are all so pretty to watch?



I'd mentioned in one of my entries that I'm slightly obsessed with Matthew MacFadyen (Mr. Darcy!!!). I'm such a huge fan I even went off to London to see him in a play (courtesy of my honey, who took me there for my bday over the summer), and had my pic taken with him, as well as get my copy of the play signed! Anyhow, I haven't bought much of his work, save for the first 3 seasons of BBC's "Spooks" ("MI-5" in the US) and of course, "Pride & Prejudice," but I always intended to collect his work. I finally caved and bought some random stuff from Amazon UK, items I can't get in the US.

I guess some years ago, before MM started to do films, he, along with some other Brits, worked on a project where they read famous poems, which you can watch on DVD or listen to on CD. Yes, sounds mindlessly boring, but for me, one of the reasons I'm a fan is his voice! He has this deep, booming voice, which is just so sexy, and perfect for narrating. So what do I buy? Both the DVD, the CD, and even an audio book narrated by MM. Yes, I'm a little crazy. But at least with the CDs, I can listen to them during my very long commute to work.


I also bought Naoki Honjo's "Small Planet" book. I couldn't see his London exhibit, but at least I can enjoy the book.

Yes, the nesting period is beginning, so all of this will keep me quite busy and amused.

Casanova and King Arthur DVDs - $25 (special Blu-ray bundle)

Essential Poem (To Fall In Love With) With Daisy Goodwin DVD- £8.98

Essential Poem (To Fall In Love With) With Daisy Goodwin Audio CD- £12.99

Stories We Could Tell, by Tony Parson Audio CD - £7.33

Naoki Honjo: Small Planet, by Masahiko Sato - £21.50

No comments: