Friday, September 28, 2007

Keira and Chanel, Together at Last

I wanted to post about this sooner, but allow to me say how much I'm enjoying the new Chanel Coco Mademoiselle campaign, featuring Keira Knightley. Directed by Joe Wright, it's Pride & Prejudice all over again! No complaints here! (He did after all direct her in P&P, and again in one of her latest films, Atonement. They must love working together. And if you didn't know already, P&P is one of my all-time FAVE films. I've seen it at least 12 times, not including the BBC version. Matthew Macfadyen! But I digress.)

Smile, Keira!!! :P

The film, as Chanel prefers to call it instead of a commercial, is lush, fantasy-driven and immaculate. Unlike the Nicole Kidman ad for Chanel No. 5, which was based on Moulin Rouge and required her to talk at the end, Keira simpers and pouts through the clips, dabbing a bit of the Coco Mademoiselle on a male model, prancing through a soirée, and coming up all radiant smiles and bubbles at the end. She makes us believe that with the right perfume, everything is beautiful and perfect in the world.



I have never tried Coco Mademoiselle before (my favorite fragrance of the moment is Christian Dior's Lily, which was limited, so sadly, is no longer produced), and I'm picky about my scents, but if CM does indeed smell like jasmine, I'm all for trying it.

Joss Stone sings Nat King Cole's version of L.O.V.E. This is also one of my all-time favorite songs, and I think it befits the ad. The ad is about all kinds of love; love for the perfume, love for luxury, love for men, parties, love yourself!, and love for life.