Wednesday, September 19, 2007

False Advertising?

When I saw this pic of the latest Visionaire venture, I almost fell in my seat! $375 is certainly not expensive to own a gold LV Monogram Miroir portfolio, including a beautiful tome of photographs. I was counting down the days until I could order from Visionaire's site. And I quote:
Guest Art Director Marc Jacobs teamed up with photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott on the newest installment of the coveted fashion quarterly, Visionaire, which comes housed this time in a limited-edition Louis Vuitton case designed by Jacobs. Alas and Piggott photographed a series of intimate portraits of today's most inspiring contemporary icons, traveling to New York, London and Paris in search of their personal muses. Subjects include actors Drew Barrymore, Scarlett Johansson and Selma Blair; singers Jennifer Lopez and Lil' Kim; models Gisele Bündchen, Stephanie Seymour and Christy Turlington; New York City Ballet principle dancer and choreographer Benjamin Millepied; and fashion designers Marc Jacobs, Vivienne Westwood and Stella McCartney, to name a few.


Then came this. I surfed onto the Visionaire site and they were accepting pre-orders. Except, the case is now not a portfolio, but a regular, probably-made-out-of-cardboard case!!! WTF?!? Is this sneaky advertising? Or did they decide that production-wise, it wasn't viable to make an actual portfolio?




Anyhow, I decided to subscribe to get an issue anyways, because I can't say no to Lou-ee, even if I know I'm being ripped off. This is the more affordable Louis that will go up in price over the years. And with a subscription, I get 3 other wonderful editions of Visionaire. I'll let you know what I end up getting in the mail. Crossing my fingers here. :P

Visionaire 52. Private - $375

No comments: